Around the holidays, I find myself getting extremely wrapped up in all the festivities and don't always take time for myself. If you know someone who struggles with mental health in any form or fashion - these options are a great reminder to slow down, know who is in control, and take time for you!
1. Be Still Prayer Journal - Writing down all your prayers and thoughts on a piece of paper can help you organize your thoughts and process your feelings. Many people don't take the time to do this (myself included), but when I have done it, I feel a weight lifted off my shoulders.
2. Jogger Pants - Need a day at home to just relax? Might as well be in a pair of cute jogger pants!
3. Tea Package Set- Drinking hot tea throughout the day can help calm and relax you during stressful times! I definitely want to try the bedtime tea because sometimes it can be so hard to shut your mind off! You can also get individual packs and it would make a great stocking stuffer.
4. Noise Cancelling Headphones - I have heard these do wonders!! This is definitely on my list. Sometimes, I just need time to myself and to be able to focus or relax.
5. Herbivore Botanicals Self Love Kit - The perfect set to show your skin some love. It includes an exfoliating scrub, coconut oil body polish and jasmine body oil. This would be so perfect to use right after a relaxing bubble bath!
6. Mental Health Matters T-shirt - This is so cute and if you are into casual tees - what a great way to remind yourself and others of the importance of Mental Health!
7. Weighted Blanket - I definitely have a 12lb weighted blanket and use it all the time. I also put it on me when I sleep and it definitely keeps me warm! This comes in so many different color/weight options!
8. Bible Verse Bracelet - I LOVE this! Bible verses are always a great reminder when you are going through your day to remember who is in control.
9. Cross Necklace - I have shared that my faith is a huge part of my life and trusting the Lord each and every day can be so challenging. Having a reminder with me at all times has helped me stop in the moment and look to Christ for my hope.
10. Capri Jar Candle - Lighting a candle always helps me relax, especially with a great scent like this one! Take a bubble bath, light some candles and have some time for you!
11. Social Anxiety Candle - this is a new one, but they have created scents specifically for different types of anxiety and I really want to try them out!
12. Boundaries Book by Henry Cloud: This book has really opened my eyes for boundaries in ALL my relationships - family, friends, work, etc. I think it's so important to be self-aware and do what you can to protect your mental health and well-being.
13. Shiatsu Neck & Shoulder Massager - I use my religiously on my neck and shoulders to help with tension and it does wonders. I can't always afford to get a professional massage and this helps me relax tremendously!
14. Anxiety Activity Book - Not just a journal, but part coloring book, part weird coping mechanisms and part compendium of soothing facts. Something to help get your mind off other things!
15. Calm Magnesium Drink Mix Supplement - If you have never tried Magnesium to help with relaxation, you are missing out. This is the drink mix and they have several different flavors! This one is my favorite and you just mix it in with a drink!